“Australia Is Wider Than The Moon”: 35 Mind-Blowing Geography Facts They Never Taught You In School
Quick, pop quiz! Can you tell me how many square kilometers Canada is? How about the largest state in the US? (Hint: It’s not Texas.) Do you know off the top of your head how large Chile is? Okay, don’t panic. You’re not in high school anymore, and this won’t be graded. But if it’s been a while since you’ve looked at a map or you’ve never gone in depth with your geography studies, you just might learn a thing or two from this list. Reddit user storm1902 reached out asking for the most mind-blowing geography facts readers had, and their answers did not disappoint. Enjoy learning these facts that might give you a new perspective on our beautiful planet, and be sure to upvote all of your favorites. Below, you’ll also find an interview with Luke Kelly, one of the hosts of 80 Days: an exploration podcast. Then if you’re looking to learn even more about our world after finishing this list, you can check out another Bored Panda piece featuring fascinating maps right here.
- Guy Disgusted By Brother’s Behavior At His Kid’s Birthday Party Finally Calls Him Out, Asks If It Was Too Much
- Apartment Complex Owner Pulls ‘Nuclear Revenge’ On The Site Manager Who Was In Charge Of His Property But Neglected It Instead
- 89 Spot-On Memes About Office Life, As Shared By The “Corporate Bish” Instagram Account Interview With Author
- 99 Times Kids Threw Savage Burns At Adults And They Landed Beautifully
- 43 Experts Share What Food Myths People Need To Finally Stop Believing